Friday, December 26, 2008

New apartment

So Kaela and I have finally decided that we are going to be looking for a new place. It hasn't been easy looking for something that is in our price range that ISN'T a dump or in a bad neighborhood. But there are a few that look decent. One place that looked really promising was a place on 24th and Polk for $475 with all utilities included. But when I finally got a hold of the people to contact, they had already rented it out.

I've been watching craigslist and KSL.com like crazy and I haven't really found anything. Don't get me wrong, I think that we have a pretty decent deal at our current place but it is getting cramped and Kaela is having a hard time being there lately. There are small windows that provide ZERO light, no bath tub, small kitchen and no privacy between living room, bedroom and den plus our place has a history of flooding because of stupid clay pipes! Literally, the only door besides the front door and back door is the one to the bathroom! One the plus side though, we have tons of storage, all utilities are covered in the rent (including cable and internet, although we had to negotiate the internet with our upstairs neighbor...) free use of the washer and dryer and our landlords are really nice. But we are kind of getting to the point that the cons are out weighing the pros.

So after I am done with this post (assuming I don't get a call....) it's back to hunting for a new apartment!!!

later.

No comments: